Last night was my first free night in a long time. Brandon was off in New Jersey coaching hockey, and I was exhausted from a long week of working/cleaning/packing for our big move at the end of the month. So I decided to stay in, hang out and just be on my own. I also saw this thought catalog article on exactly the same situation, so I decided to whip out my own version! Here are my favorite things to do on a Saturday Night in!
1. Throw on something comfy! My pick: my Ocean City paint covered sweat pants, a comfy soft Rangers T-shirt with an inappropriate hole and a pair of fuzzy slippers I got for Christmas from my boyfriends mother!
2. Grab a fuzzy blanket and mummy wrap yourself on the couch!
3. Watch 4 or 5 episodes of a shitty reality television show on Netflix or Hulu, suggestions; Teen Mom 2, Sister Wives, America’s Next Top Model or my current favorite, old seasons of Survivor!
4.Get bored, and pull out every single article of clothing you own. Put them into piles, discard/donate and keep. Put the keep pile back into your closet.
5. Clean the bathroom, do the dishes, and get your laundry prepared for drop off.
6. Call your parents, who unlike you, are having a busy Saturday night as they don’t pick up.
7. Facebook stalk! Check on all your married high school friends, see how all your college friends are doing post graduation and upload all those pictures you never got around too.
8. Leave the apartment for 10 minutes, just enough time to run down to the local corner store, by a pack of fruity mikes hard (my favorite Mango!) and a pint of Ben & Jerrys.
9. Drink said Mike’s Hard, while downing the B&J…then feel guilty about being so unhealthy.
10. Stare at your exercise bike. Promise yourself to bike in the morning.
11. Go back to watching whatever season of whatever show you picked.
12. Work on knitting that scarf, you meant to finish in December.
13. Live tweet your night!
14. Call your best friend. She also doesn’t pick up because unlike you she has a life.
15. Consider making dinner.
16. Consider ordering in.
17. Decide that Ben & Jerry’s filled you up!
18. Read every Thought Catalog Article that sounds interesting from the last week.
19. Marvel about how Thought Catalog knows everything your thinking.
20. Head to bed at 9:30, change into your onesie, catch up on a book you ment to read months ago. Crash around 10:30.
What a rare, perfect night, now next week maybe go back to being 20something and fun……or finish that Survivor seasonDid you enjoy this post? If so, please consider sharing on Facebook, Twitter, or via Email.
Want to stay updated? Follow me on Bloglovin, RSS or by email below!