Yesterday, while sitting on a Philadelphia bound bus, I learned some super exciting news! Jessica from “A Passion and a Passport” (what a fantastic name, right!), had nominated me for the Liebster Award! It I was so happy I laughed out loud on the bus and the stranger next to me thought I was a total freak! But thank you, Jess!! Check her blog out and follow her on twitter, @passion_4travel!!!
So back to this, what exactly is the Liebster Blog Award? It’s an award given out by bloggers, for bloggers. It tells your followers who your favorite bloggers and hopefully encourages them to check then out!!
The rules are:
1. When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself
2. You must answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
3. Pass the award onto 11 other blogs
4. Ask them 11 questions.
5. You are not allowed to nominate the blogger who nominated you!
So lets begins!
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I am afraid of fish! I know it’s a silly fear and one I will be getting over since Brandon wants to take me scuba diving, but I get really nervous when swimming in lakes or oceans.
2.I really love my new job. Despite it being long hours and quite stressful I am really enjoying all the responsibility I have!!
3. Living abroad is a non negotiable. Despite fact 2, I know I will not be truly happy until I get to travel regularly. I want to live abroad, I want to experience more than this little tiny life I live.
4. My favorite musical is Jason Robert Brown’s “The Last Five Years”, it’s currently on broadway and if I don’t see it I might die.
5. The top five most played albums on my iPod this month are Sigh No More (Mumford), Hideaway (the weepies), + (Ed Sherran), The Essentials (Billy Joel)….and Red (Taylor Swift)….don’t judge….I feel the judgement
6. I am obsessed with making iPhone playlists. I have one for every feeling/mood/day ect
7. I love living in New York City, but I also love getting out of it
8. If I didn’t live in New York, (and I was staying in the states), I’d move to Nashville.
9. My little brother makes me laugh harder than anyone
10. I turned 20 on 10/10/10 and it was a perfect day.
11. My blog makes me really happy Since getting back into blogging, I have met some amazing people and have gotten to experience some truly unbelievable things . So thank you all for reading the things I write. It means the world!
Answering Jessica from “A Passion and a Passport“‘s Questions!
1. If you could only go back to one country (horrible I know!), which one would it be and why?
I would go back to Israel. I have never feel so hard for a country in my life and I want to spend more time there for sure!
2. What item do you need to bring with you where ever you go? Can I say a person? Then Brandon, but if not my camera….I’m addicted to that thing
3. What do you prefer? The beach or the mountains?oooo tough one! But I’ll go with mountains. I’ve spent the past two summers living in the berkshires and it is the place that makes me happiest!
4. What’s the best thing about blogging?Hearing people’s stories!
5.What’s your best tip for saving for traveling?I wish I had one……
6. What food do you wish you could bring back home with you?dried fruit from Italy, it’s so good!!!!! But it doesn’t travel well.
7. What’s your biggest travel regret?no extending my birthright trip. I felt super overwhelmed cause I had just graduated and I wish I had just taken the time to stay longer and solo travel!!
8. What 5 words describe you?loud, excitable, quirky, nervous, stubborn
9. What’s your favorite thing to have for dessert?Creme brûlée is the best!
10. When did you first get hit with the travel bug? I don’t remember….probably when I went on my first abroad trip by myself at age 14 to Germany to visit a close friend who had moved there!
11. Name three places at the top of your travel wish list. New Zealand, Russia and Mongolia
1. Whose your biggest inspiration??
2. Whats the most beautiful city you’ve been too?
3. Most played song on your ipod/cd player/ cassette player (hey you never know!) this week?
4. Favorite Travel book?
5. Did you have a security object as a kid? If so, what was it?
6. Is there any country or city you wouldn’t want to go to?
7. Favorite form of travel?(plane, train, car, bike)?
8. Best hostel you’ve ever stayed at?
9. Leggings as pants? Yay or Nay?
10. Stealing this one from Jess, Describe yourself in 5 words!
11. What do you hope to accomplish this year!
My 11 Nominations
1. A.L from This Labyrinth I Roam!
2. New York Cliche
3. Manda from Break The Sky
4. Aryn from Driftwood and Daydreams
5. Helen from Dusty Soles
6. A Piece of She
7. Ashley from AshleyAbroad
8. Julika from Sateless Suitcase
9. Amanda from Wayfairing Amanda
10.Nikkiana from An Authentic Experience
11. And finally Brandon from the Language Nerd
I have a lot more…but these 11 bloggers are all so inspirational!!! Anyway I can’t wait to read all your responses and thanks again Jessica!Did you enjoy this post? If so, please consider sharing on Facebook, Twitter, or via Email.
Want to stay updated? Follow me on Bloglovin, RSS or by email below!